Pierce County blotter: deer shining, amphetamine paranoia and an after-hours bar
A caller alerted police to a man shining three deer at W7182 290th Ave. in Ellsworth at 10:07 p.m. Sept. 27. The caller told police he saw the man with a gun, but the caller yelled at the man and scared him away. Officers could not find the man, according to a police blotter report.
A woman reported someone breaking into her house, but when an officer responded they realized no one was breaking into the home at 2:32 a.m. Sept. 29 at W6506 Main St., Bay City. The woman was using amphetamines and suffering from paranoia, according to police.
A bartender was warned for allowing customers to stay after business hours at 2:10 a.m. Sept. 27 at an establishment at N673 825th St. in Hager City.
Police received a welfare check call at 12:24 a.m. Sept. 27 in Spring Valley. Upon the officer's arrival everything was fine, but in a follow-up call with the complainant, the caller made self-harm comments and officers set up a safety plan.
Thefts & burglary
• Police responded to a burglary complaint concerning a missing telescope at 11:38 a.m. Sept. 28 at N1482 770th St. in Hager City.
• An officer responded to a reported theft at 5:58 p.m. Sept. 28 at 420 Pine Ave. in Plum City. A 5-by-10 foot utility trailer was reported stolen.
• An officer responded to a burglary not in progress at 4:27 p.m. Sept. 29 at N7789 County Road BB in Spring Valley. Deputies collected statements and evidence.
• Officers responded to a reported jewelry theft at 4:09 p.m. Sept. 30 at N1368 County Road EE in Bay City.
• An officer arrested Nicole Kubis, 32, Fall Creek, for an active warrant at 6:07 p.m. Sept. 25 in Beldenville on County Road N and Highway 63. Kubis was pulled over for speeding and had a warrant for suspicion of contempt of court.
• Officers arrested Samantha Goodier, 31, Ellsworth, at 7:46 p.m. Sept. 25 for possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop in Ellsworth at Hill Street and Highway 10. Goodier was pulled over for expired registration, and her car was searched due to the smell of marijuana, according to a blotter report.
• Emily Anderson, 18, River Falls, was cited for speeding at 10:22 p.m. Sept. 26 after a traffic stop at 660th Street and Highway 29 in River Falls.
• John Pierzyna, 36, Hager City, was warned by police for driving with expired registration and cited on suspicion of keeping open intoxicants in his vehicle after a traffic stop at 6:48 p.m. Sept. 27 at County Road O and Highway 35 in Hager City.
• Officers cited Adam Rabe, St.Paul Park, Minn., for speeding after a traffic stop at 7:12 p.m. Sept. 27 in Hager City at County Road O and Highway 35. Rabe had pulled into a residence after being witnessed speeding, according to a blotter report.
• Officers stopped and cited Jacob Maier, River Falls, for speeding at 7:25 p.m. Sept. 27 on County Road O and Highway 35 in Hager City.
• An officer stopped Jennifer Rietman, Red Wing, for driving with a taillight out at 12:46 a.m. Sept. 28 at N1090 825th St. in Hager City. The officer cited her for possession of THC and open intoxicant in a vehicle.
• Benjamin Womack, 38, Davenport, Iowa, was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, and cited for operating without a license and open intoxicant in a vehicle, after a traffic stop at 2:25 a.m. Sept. 28 at N1090 825th St. in Hager City. Police pulled Womack over for having no license plate lamps, no elevated brake light and failure to obey a police signal, according to a blotter report.
• Joseph Huston, 24, Hudson, was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, resisting or obstructing an officer and cited for disorderly conduct after a traffic stop at 1:59 a.m. Spet. 29 at W2555 Highway 29 in Spring Valley. Officers learned that Huston had crashed his vehicle, according to a blotter report.
• Sonya Garg, 20, North Oaks, Minnesota, was arrested for violation of absolute sobriety after a traffic stop at 8:23 a.m. Sept. 30 at 770th Avenue and Highway 65 in River Falls. Garg was pulled over for speeding, according to a police blotter report.
• Police found a possibly deceased man in a car at 10:34 a.m. Sept. 26 at N4782 County Road S in Elmwood. Officers notified the county medical examiner, according to a police blotter report.
• Daniel Flock was cited on suspicion of dog causing injury, after his dog allegedly injured a person's cat, at 7:13 p.m. Sept. 27 at N6641 650th St. in Beldenville.
• A man ran his ankle over after he forgot to put his vehicle in park at 2:08 p.m. Sept. 27 at W2555 Highway 29 in Spring Valley. The man had left for the clinic before an officer arrived, who left his business card with staff at an establishment located at the address.
• A Beldenville man complained to police that a woman was harassing him through phone calls at 5:52 p.m. Sept. 24. When an officer contacted the woman she hung up on him, and police contacted the county police from the woman's area to handle it, according to a blotter report.
• Police responded to a report of knocking on windows and extra vehicle traffic at 9:50 p.m. Sept. 24 at W3848 110th Ave. in Maiden Rock. A caller also reported a damaged window and requested extra patrols.
• An officer responded to a baby and a dog locked in a car in at 9:06 a.m. Sept. 25 at W7480 145th Ave. in Hager City. The officer called Dick's Auto, who unlocked the car and the officer reported no further issues.
• A Pierce County officer responded to a verbal disagreement between a mother and her son-caregiver at 11:20 a.m. Sept. 25 in Ellsworth. Other family members were contacted to help resolve the situation.
• A mother reported that her son did not come home at 4:36 a.m. Sept. 26 in Ellsworth. Officers located her son, who was given a ride home by a friend's father, according to a police blotter report.
• A caller reported at 8:16 a.m. Sept. 29 that someone has been entering a recycling center in River Falls outside of business hours and illegally dumping garbage and recyclables in the incorrect containers at W8059 770th Ave.
• A caller hit a dog that ran out into the road at 9:06 a.m. Sept. 20 as he was driving on County Road N and Highway 63 in Beldenville. Officers contacted the dog's owner and removed it from the road.
• A vehicle driven by Cole Hayes, 20, Beldenville, moved to avoid a deer and veered into the opposite side of the road's ditch and rolled several times at 7:51 a.m. Sept. 19 on County Road J near the town of Martell. Hayes was transported by EMS to River Falls Area Hospital with possible injuries.
• A vehicle driven by Jesse Griem, 27, Hudson, drove into the ditch at 12:30 p.m. Sept. 23 at N7604 County Road F in the town of Clifton. Griem was allegedly under the influence of substances and was cited for operating a vehicle without insurance and operating a vehicle with a revoked license.
• Blood results confirmed Bailey Larson to be under the influence of marijuana in a June 12 crash in the town of Trimbelle. Larson had veered into a ditch and failed to report the accident to police.
• A motorcycle driven by Joseph Fisher, 55, Andover, Minnesota, overturned after the brakes locked up at 1:47 p.m. Sept. 15 on State Highway 35. Fisher was thrown from the vehicle and later transported by air EMS to Regions Hospital in St. Paul.