Cannon Falls narrows Superintendent search to 6, including Red Wing's Jezierski
Cannon Falls School Board narrowed the list of applicants to six Monday for the open superintendent position.
According to a district news release, 25 people applied for the position made vacant when Superintendent Beth Giese resigned in January. Giese was named to the same position at St. Francis Area Schools.
The following candidates will interview for the position this week:
• Dr. Jean Duffy, Beck Public Schools
• Annette Freiheit, Pine City Public Schools
• Mark Grossklaus, Albert Lea Public Schools
• Theodore Ihns, Howard-Winneshiek Community Schools
• Joseph Jezierski, Red Wing Public Schools
• Jeffrey Sampson, Southland Public Schools
Jezierski is director of teaching and learning for Red Wing School District.
All interviews are open to the public. Interviews for finalists will start 4:30 p.m.March 7 and continue on March 8 at the same time. Interviews will be in the High School Media Center. A decision announcement is expected to be made at the March 13 School Board meeting.