Pierce County Sheriff's Office report: Knife found near road, accidents, arrests
Knife near the road
A subject located a knife near a laundry basket on the side of the road on 450th Street and Highway 72 in Ellsworth at 7:24 a.m. April 15.The knife was entered into evidence.
Dog death from vehicle
An officer observed a car had hit a dog at 770th Avenue and Highway 65 in River Falls at 6:10 a.m. April 18; upon arrival the dog was dead. No damage was sustained by the vehicle, but police were unsuccessful in finding the dog's owner.
A complainant reported fraud at 300 Court Road in Plum City where officers were dispatched at 12:36 p.m. April 15.
Assault and disorderly conduct reports
• An officer spoke with a subject regarding an assault at 1:59 p.m. April 19 at W9330 Highway 10 in Ellsworth.
• Officers responded to a physical fight at 11:31 a.m. April 20 at W6698 150th Ave. in Bay City where officers spoke with several subjects and gathered information.
Hit and run damage to mailbox
A hit and run accident was reported at 5:19 p.m. April 19 at W2499 770th Ave. in Spring Valley where a mailbox and road signs were damaged.
• Possible vandalism was reported at 9:15 a.m. April 18 at N3699 730th St. in Hager City; after collecting info the officer was told the property owner wanted the individual to not hunt on or damage her field.
• Possible vandalism to a vehicle was reported at 10:51 a.m. April 19 at W1246 490th Ave. in Elmwood.
Property and vehicle theft
• A male complainant called to report missing property at 10:22 p.m. April 16 from a 150th Avenue address in Bay City; he said he would make a detailed list of what is missing and report the next day.
• Deputies responded to a report of an unoccupied vehicle in the ditch at 10:49 a.m. April 19 at W9405 830th Ave., River Falls. It was determined a short while later the vehicle was stolen from Southside Storage; evidence was taken at the scene and the vehicle was removed and returned to the owner.
• A vehicle driven by Salena M. Watrud, 41, Ellsworth, was traveling northbound on Highway 65 at 3:40 p.m. April 10 in River Falls township and failed to maintain control on slippery roads. The vehicle entered the east ditch and struck a traffic sign. Driver stated she was driving slowly because of conditions and lost control when she hit a slippery spot. The vehicle sustained minor damage and was not towed; the driver was not cited.
• A vehicle driven by Maria Del Car Hernandez-Gomez, 32, Nelson, was traveling southbound down a hill on Highway 35 in Diamond Bluff at 4 p.m. April 10 when it lost control and slid sideways on slippery roads, crossed the centerline and struck the front of another vehicle. The second vehicle, owned by Mark K. Langenfeld, Red Wing, Minn., was parked on the shoulder facing northbound and the operator was outside of the vehicle helping a stranded motorist at the time. Gomez was cited for operating without a valid license and operating motor vehicle without insurance; the first vehicle was towed due to disabling damage. No apparent injury was reported.
• A vehicle driven by Jocelin C. Montcho, 50, Red Wing, Minn., was traveling northbound on Highway 65 in River Falls during a storm when passing a second vehicle driven by Robert J. Preskorn, 43, Hager City at 4:42 p.m. April 10. The vehicles slid on the road and side-swiped each other at the driver's front door.
• A vehicle driven by Camden J. Droppo, 26, Minneapolis, was traveling southbound on Highway 65 in River Falls, south of 690th Avenue, at 4:25 p.m. April 10 when it failed to maintain control and entered the west ditch, striking a tree. Driver stated he was driving slowly because of the road conditions and lost control when he hit a slippery spot. The vehicle was towed due to disabling damage.
• A vehicle driven by Sylvie B. Parks, 18, River Falls, was traveling westbound on Highway 29, west of 525th Street in Martell at 4:50 p.m. April 10 when the vehicle lost control on the icy road and slid across the centerline, striking a second vehicle driven by Sarah J. Buck, 42, Spring Valley. Both operators stated they were driving around 40 miles per hour when the accident occurred. A third vehicle driven by Ashley G. Meland, 23, Spring Valley, was behind the second vehicle and drove into the right ditch to avoid hitting the other two vehicles. The third vehicle did not make contact with the other vehicles nor sustain damages. The two other vehicles were towed due to disabling damage.
• A vehicle driven by Jarod M. Benrud, 42, Onalasksa, was traveling southbound on Highway 63 near County Road KK in Trimbelle at 6:21 p.m. April 11 when it lost control, ran off the roadway to the right and struck a no-passing road sign. The vehicle was towed due to disabling damage.
• A vehicle driven by Melissa L. Diedtrich, 38, Ellsworth, was traveling northbound on County Road E, south of 620th Avenue in the town of Oak Grove at 1:59 p.m. April 11 when it lost control on the snow-covered roadway and struck a guardrail on the east side of the road. The vehicle was not towed.
• A vehicle driven by Dulcie A. Anderson, 49, Ellsworth, was traveling on Highway 63 in the town of Trenton at 6:39 p.m. April 11 when it lost control, ran off the road to the right and became stuck in the snow. A second vehicle driven by Jeffrey C. Marquardt, 59, Bay City, lost control, ran off the road to the right and made contact with the first vehicle. Neither vehicle was towed.
• Officers were notified at 10:17 p.m. April 14 of an unidentified vehicle that had collided with a flashing stop sign at the intersection of highways 35 and 63 in the town of Trenton. The operator did not report the crash and other motorists reported the damaged stop sign but did not see the suspect vehicle. Tire tracks appeared to have been made by a pickup or possible sports utility vehicle.
• A vehicle driven by Ashley D. Bol, 29, Hudson, was traveling southbound on County Road F in Clifton at 6:10 p.m. April 15 and crossed the centerline, losing control and beginning to spin. The vehicle struck a guardrail and then left the scene traveling northbound where it parked in a random driveway. Law enforcement located the vehicle which was later towed due to disabling damage and the driver was cited for operating while under the influence, failure of operator to notify the police of accident, possessing open intoxicants in motor vehicle - driver and operating with a prohibited alcohol concentration of >=0.15 (1st).
• A vehicle driven by Christopher J. Davis, 28, Ellsworth, struck two deer at 7:54 p.m. April 17 while traveling westbound on Highway 10 west of 322nd Avenue in the town of Salem.
• Ashley D. Bol, 29, Hudson, was arrested on suspicion of OWI-first and operating with prohibited alcohol concentration at 6:10 p.m. April 15 after fleeing a one-vehicle crash scene at county roads F and FF in River Falls. She was cited for failure to notify police of accident and possessing open intoxicants in motor vehicle.
• Tiffany D. Johnson, 25, Rochester, Minn. was arrested on suspicion of OWI-second and cited for non-registration of vehicle at 11:23 p.m. April 15 at 805th Street and Highway 35 in Hager City after being stopped for improper left turn.
• Bradley J. Hetchler, 27, River Falls, was taken into custody on a probation warrant at 9:10 a.m. April 20 at N8279 1015th St., River Falls.
• Neal L. Broten, 59, River Falls, was stopped for failure to obey traffic sign or signal and traveling left of center line at 7:31 p.m. April 21 at Crosstown Road and North Maple Street in Ellsworth. Broten was arrested on suspicion of OWI-third after field sobriety tests and cited for failure to obey traffic signal and possessing open intoxicants.
• Melissa A. Ackerman, 33, Saint Francis, Minn., was cited for operating without a valid license after a traffic stop for no front plate and no license plate lamps at 11:31 p.m. April 15 at 830th Street and HIghway 35 in Hager City.
• Jayne M. Chavez, 58, Red Wing, was cited for operating a motor vehicle without proof of insurance after a traffic stop for speeding at 10:24 p.m. April 17 at 830th Street and Highway 35 in Hager City.
• Jason L. Kentner, 49, Elliott, Iowa, was cited for speeding after a traffic stop at 10:05 p.m. April 18 for speeding in area not posted at 800th Avenue and Highway 65 in River Falls.
• Cody R. Sullivan, 48, Hager City, was cited for operating motor vehicle without insurance at 7:22 p.m. April 19 at N2594 770th St. in Hager City.
• Two underage citations were issued at 11:47 p.m. April 19 at N4306 Highway 63 in Ellsworth after officers responded to a fight which was stopped upon arrival and people were identified. No one wanted to talk about the fight and no victim stepped forward.
• Three motorcycles were stopped for speeding at 10:18 p.m. April 20 at N4380 Highway 35 in Prescott. One driver was cited for operating without a license and for operating with alcohol in his system. All drivers were warned for speeding and failing to stop for emergency vehicles.