Spotlight April 14: Sheldon Theatre Brass Band
Founded in 1989 in Red Wing, the Sheldon Theatre Brass Band has been entertaining audiences at home and abroad with the sounds of standard brass numbers and commissioned works.
The 2019 spring home concert will be 3 p.m. Sunday, April 14.
The band's mission is to preserve and advance the musical genre of the British brass band. The purpose is fourfold, according to the band's website:
• To perform repertoire reflecting the brass band medium
• To challenge the musicians with diverse repertoire
• and the highest musical standards
• To serve and entertain the community and region
• through this music medium
• To enter brass band competitions as deemed desirable by the board.
Tickets are $16. Visit www.sheldontheatre.org.
The season sponsor for this band comprising local and regional musicians is Red Wing Shoe Co.