STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF GOODHUE
FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT
File Type: Quiet Title
Court File No. 25-CV-18-1969
Scott J. Gappa,
Kreg A. Edstrom and Lori A. Edstrom f/k/a Lori A. Walker, Mortgage
Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. (MERS) as nominee for Caliber Home Loans, Inc., a Minnesota corporation, and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title estate, interest or lien in the real estate described in the complaint herein,
THE STATE OF MINNESOTA TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANTS:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you.
The Plaintiff's Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
617 E. Main St., Ste. 2
Anoka, MN 55303
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff's Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond.
A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that no personal claim is made by plaintiffs against any of the defendants.
You are hereby notified that the object of said action is to determine the title and adverse claims to the lands hereinafter described and that such action affects the following described land situated in Goodhue County, Minnesota, described as follows:
Lots 5 and 6, Block 1, Oxford Hills covering part of the southeast quarter (SE 1/4) of the southeast quarter (SE1/4) of Section 25 and part of the east half (E 1/2) of the northeast quarter (NE 1/4) of Section 36, all in Township 112 North, Range 18 West,
The object of this action is to obtain an order that plaintiff is the owner in fee simple of the property described herein and that none of said defendants have any right, title, estate, interest or lien thereon except as alleged.
Dated: August 1, 2018
STEVEN J. LODGE, PLLC
/s/ Steven J. Lodge, #256146
Attorneys for Plaintiff
617 E. Main St., Ste. 2
Anoka, Minnesota 55303
09/05/18 - 09/19/18