Skip to main content
Photo of the Day
Dairy plant and Zumbrota clear the air
Candidate Q&A: Goodhue County Board District 2
Cannon Falls makes health exchange
Task force: Maintenance first
crime and courts
Amateur Baseball: Cannon Falls top Hampton for tourney title
Amateur Baseball: Aces blank Bay City
Amateur Baseball Roundup: Serpents bounced, Bears to play for CCVL title
Legion Baseball: Post 54 eliminated after consecutive losses
A champ returns: Red Wing's Frawley looks back on Big Nine football title
Johnson and Magraw share Crossings stage
Red Wing ready to rock
Yarn-bombings land in Red Wing
Sounds like summer ... and something more
Have a grand ol' time
arts and entertainment
Roger J. Geisler, 72
Lois Kline, 86
Richard A. M. Kruger, 70
Joan M. Grizzle, 60
PUBLISHED NOTICE ceda
PUBLIC NOTICE Impact Seven G
Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc vs Garland
CERT OF ASSUME NAME Ask Shelley Virtual Asistant LLC
Letter: Hospital gets top marks
Editorial: Get ready for new laws
Letter: Home again in a lovely river town
Letter: Stone offers us common-sense priorities
Letter: Board teaches a poor civic model
Vacant home destroyed in fire
A rural Kenyon home was completely destroyed by fire early Friday morning, Kenyon Fire Chief Todd Angelstad reported. Fire crews responded to the home near the intersection of Highway 60 and 40th Avenue at about 2:50 a.m. to find the house already engulfed. Crews were on scene for...
July 28, 2012 - 10:00am
July 17, 2012
Garbage truck catches on fire
A Waste Management garbage truck caught fire in Hager City at about 12:15 p.m. today. The truck was from Hastings and was passing through Hager City on 805th Street when the incident happened. An employee coming back to the Nestle Purina plant along 805th saw the truck in flames. "So...
July 17, 2012 - 1:21pm
May 2, 2012
Smoke from Hastings fire seen for miles
A structure fire burned at least one building on the grounds of a landscaping business along Glendale Road in Hastings on Monday afternoon. The fire occurred around 5:30 p.m. and produced a pillar of smoke that was visible several miles away. Police barricaded Glendale Road at Ravenna...
May 2, 2012 - 7:53am
January 21, 2012
Red Wing firefighters extinguish attic fire; families displaced
Space heaters apparently overloaded the electrical system at a triplex and caused a fire this morning, the Red Wing Fire Department reported. Firefighters responded at 4:17 a.m. to a report of electricity loss and smoke at 1107 South Park St. They found indications of an attic fire...
January 21, 2012 - 9:33am
January 14, 2012
Fire destroys Red Wing, Minn., home
Frozen hose nozzles and slippery conditions hampered firefighters' efforts Saturday as a Red Wing home was a total loss. Red Wing Fire Department sent three engines shortly after midnight to 407 Green St. Arriving within four minutes of the call, firefighters and paramedics found...
January 14, 2012 - 8:35am
December 9, 2011
UPDATED: Renters escape burning home near Plum City
A couple and at least two children escaped their burning home with only minor injuries early Friday. Authorities said flames were coming from the roof of a town of Union home owned by Yvonne Blodgett of Maiden Rock when an emergency responder arrived about 2:45 a.m. The home is...
December 9, 2011 - 7:50am
November 25, 2011
Nobody injured in Prairie Island fire
A house fire at 2160 Other Day Road in Prairie Island resulted in moderate damage but no injuries late Wednesday night, the Red Wing Fire Department reported. The fire department received a call at 11:44 p.m. Wednesday, was on scene within 10 minutes and extinguished the fire in...
November 25, 2011 - 9:51am
October 31, 2011
Nobody injured in house fire
A fire in Welch early Wednesday morning left a home partially damaged but caused no injuries, the Red Wing Fire Department reported. Firefighters responded to the Gareth Brickzin residence at 2127 Frazier St. around 6 a.m. and extinguished the fire about 15 minutes after arriving....
October 31, 2011 - 8:35am
September 15, 2011
Fire destroys Rohl barn outside Ellsworth
At around 6:20 p.m. a fire was reported at the Donald L. Rohl residence at N4701 CTH. DD in the town of Ellsworth. The structure was consumed by flames and black smoke could be seen for miles. The Ellsworth Fire Department had assistance from Plum City, Elmwood and Prescott departments...
September 15, 2011 - 8:29pm
Fire badly damages home outside Ellsworth
The Dawn McPherson home at N4175 610th Ave. in the town of Ellsworth was badly damaged by a fire Monday evening. Authorities received a call from a neighbor who saw flames about 10 p.m. The first sheriff's deputy heading to the scene told the dispatcher she could see flames from...
news / accidents
August 15, 2011 - 11:35pm
April 5, 2011
Fire destroys hog barn near Goodhue
A fire destroyed a hog barn in Goodhue on Monday afternoon. The barn was located near Highway 58 and County Road 9 and owned by Bruce Albers. Smoke from the fire caused authorities to close a portion of the road for some of the afternoon. The Goodhue Fire Department responded to...
April 5, 2011 - 6:59pm
March 23, 2011
Updated: Fire breaks out in downtown Lake City
A fire broke out at Radio Shack in Lake City Wednesdsay night, causing "substantial damage," Lake City Fire Chief Todd Hubbard said. The blaze happened in the block near Highway 61 and Center Street. Two adjacent businesses - Bronk's Bar & Grill and Swan Jewelers - both suffered...
March 23, 2011 - 8:29pm
Fire breaks out in downtown Lake City
Lake City firefighters evacuated the Bronks this evening after fire broke out in an adjacent building. The exact location of the fire was not clear at 7:30 p.m. when the call went out. The Bronks shares a wall. Details will be updated in the morning.
March 23, 2011 - 8:29pm
Update: No one injured in Radio Shack fire in Lake City
Lake City firefighters evacuated the Bronk's Thursday evening after fire broke out in the adjacent Radio Shack. The fire apparently started...
March 23, 2011 - 8:29pm
February 2, 2011
Fire destroys Hintz's home
A Featherstone Township family lost its home Sunday after a fire engulfed the house. Jacklyn Hintz arrived at her home, at 310th St. Way, at 2:45 p.m. with her children to find smoke billowing out of the garage, according to the Goodhue County's Sheriff Office. She immediately...
February 2, 2011 - 2:27pm