Weather Forecast


Cooking fire injures one

One occupant was treated for smoke inhalation caused by a cooking fire that started around 4:30 p.m. May 31 in a house at 1616 Bush St., authorities said. The occupant was taken by ambulance to Mayo Clinic Health System in Red Wing.

Red Wing Fire Department responded to the scene within five minutes and extinguished the flames using a water-filled fire extinguisher. The house sustained moderate smoke damage.

The cause of the fire was residual build up near the heating element of a stove, according to a press release.