Weather Forecast


Nobody injured in house fire

A fire in Welch early Wednesday morning left a home partially damaged but caused no injuries, the Red Wing Fire Department reported. Firefighters responded to the Gareth Brickzin residence at 2127 Frazier St. around 6 a.m. and extinguished the fire about 15 minutes after arriving.

The flame damage mostly was contained to the living room and attic, but smoke damaged much of the home's interior, the department reported. There also was structural damage to the roof.

The fire started in the chimney, officials said, and is under investigation by the local fire marshal.

Thirteen firefighters spent more than three hours at the scene. The American Red Cross assisted the residents and firefighters.