Chimney fire destroys houseFire destroyed a house in Warsaw Township Dec. 29, Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office reported.
Fire destroyed a house in Warsaw Township Dec. 29, Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office reported.
Marie Page said the fire started in the chimney of her wood burning stove and quickly spread throughout her residence, located on County 14 Boulevard.
Kenyon Fire Department responded to the scene. Page was the only person in the house at the time, and she was able to get herself and her pets out safely.
The sheriff’s office said the home was a total loss, and the fire is not considered suspicious. The Red Cross is assisting Page.