Fire destroys barn in Belle Creek TownshipFire destroyed a barn in Belle Creek Township Thursday evening, the Goodhue Fire Chief Mike Kehran reported.
Fire destroyed a barn in Belle Creek Township Thursday evening, the Goodhue Fire Chief Mike Kehran reported. Timothy and Julie Thermos called 911 at about 8:43 p.m. after their daughter saw the barn was “glowing,” Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kris Weiss reported.
When crews arrived, the barn was engulfed. Firefighters were on scene for about two hours. “There was nothing to save for the barn,” Kehran said.
He added that the structure was far enough away from other buildings so crews were able to contain the fire. Strong winds were blowing away from surrounding structures, Kehran said.
Three gravity boxes, 10 bikes and 40 to 50 chickens were lost in the blaze.
Kehran said the homeowners suspect that a heat lamp for the chickens started the fire.
Tags: newsMore from around the web