Deck the Falls planned in Cannon FallsWith the holiday season under way, Cannon Falls joins in the festivities as the town turns a classic jingle into a celebration. Deck the Falls is set for Saturday Nov. 24.
With the holiday season under way, Cannon Falls joins in the festivities as the town turns a classic jingle into a celebration. Deck the Falls is set for Saturday Nov. 24.
Deck the Falls is also Small Business Saturday.
Shoppers are encouraged to support small businesses. Local merchants will have their stores all decked out for the season and many will offer specials.
While shopping and visiting local businesses, shoppers can register to qualify for the holiday drawing that takes place immediately following the parade: More than $500 in Chamber Dollars will be given away.
National Honor Society members will collect donations for the Salvation Army from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Cannon Falls Museum will be open and spectators can watch while museum staff make Krum Kake. Local storyteller Meg Judge will be share holiday stories at noon and 1 p.m.
Watch the Deck the Falls parade at 5 p.m. and see the official lighting of the Cannon Falls community Christmas tree when the parade concludes.
End the day, Church of the Redeemer will hold its fifth annual Christmas carol sing-along. Mary Carpenter Davis will accompany songs on piano and organ. Members of the Northfield Youth Choir will join in. Carolers are invited to the Redeemer’s Guild Hall afterward for fellowship, coffee, hot cider, snacks and treats.
A complete schedule of the day’s events can be found at www.cannonfalls.org
• St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Bake Sale & Craft Sale, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Lookin’ Good Salon
• Holiday open house, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Cannon Falls Museum
• Stories with local storyteller Meg Judge, noon and 1 p.m., museum
• Santa and Mrs. Claus visit from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at Hi-Quality Bakery. Please bring a toy for the Toys for Tots
• Vasa 4-H Club sells chili from 4 to 6p .m. to benefit the Veterans Memorial
• Deck the Falls Parade and lighting of the community Christmas tree, 5 p.m.
• Christmas carol sing-along, 6:30 p.m., Church of the Redeemer 123 Third St. North