The Red Wing Area Senior Center is located in the Fairview Red Wing Professional Building and Community Center. All events listed are held at the Senior Center unless otherwise noted. Phone number is 651-267-3599.
Dance to the Ray Sands
All gentlemen and ladies welcome to dance with live music from Ray Sands 6 to 9:30 p.m. Sunday March 11 at the Red Wing Elks Club. Cost is $7.
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme
With spring and Easter around the corner, learn about projects to decorate homes, menus, and fun ideas to make the holiday special for the grandchildren. Enjoy a brunch with recipes to please the gourmet Easter bunny coming to your house.
Feel free to bring your favorite brunch dish to add to the occasion. Group will meet 3 p.m. Monday March 12. Cost is $8 members, $10 non-members.
New to Medicare?
Pat Kimball, seniors advocate from Three Rivers Community Action, will be available 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday March 13 to cover information on Medicare and answer questions.
Age of Champions
“Age of Champions” is the uplifting story of a group of athletes — a 100-year-old tennis champion, 86-year-old pole vaulter, octogenarian swimmers and team of basketball grandmothers — all chasing gold at the National Senior Games.
Win or lose, they’re living proof it’s never too late to become a champion. Dr. David Asp will present the stories 9 a.m. Wednesday March 14.
Licensed psychologist Dr. Bruce McBeath will discuss memory and aging 10 a.m. Thursday March 15.
Cards and games
The following games will be played: 500 – 1 p.m. Monday, March 12; Fun Bridge – 12:15 p.m. Thursday, March 15; Scrabble - 1 p.m. Wednesdays; Fun Bridge – 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
Support services offered
Several support groups and services are available.
• NAPS or Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors will be available 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday March 12. Women and men 60 or older who live in Minnesota and meet income guidelines may be eligible to receive a monthly food package. For more information, contact Channel One Food Bank at 877-500-8699 ext. 104.
• Hearing screenings will be given from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday March 14.
• Free blood pressure checks will be offered 9:15 to 10 a.m. Thursday March 15.
• Parkinson's support group will meet at 3 p.m. Thursday March 15.
• Foot care clinic is 1 to 3:30 p.m. Thursdays with a home health nurse. To schedule an appointment, call Fairview Red Wing Homecare and Hospice at 651-385-3410. The cost is $32.
Medical equipment available
Gently used medical equipment is available at the Senior Center to use for up to three months during a period of medical convalescence or short-term disability.
Items include wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, shower chairs, commodes and more. If you need something, visit or call the center. A $20 donation is requested to help with the ongoing program costs.