STATE OF MINNESOTADISTRICT COURT
COUNTY OF GOODHUEFIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Joseph W. Montey and Darnell W. Montey,
as joint tenants,
CASE NO.: 25-CV-12-424
CASE TYPE: Other Civil
Sigfrid W. Bengston, aka Sigfrid W. Benson, aka Sigfried Winfred Benson, aka Sigfred W. Benson, aka Sigfred Benson, aka Sigfred W. Bengtson; Clarence B. Johnson; Iva Johnson; Wayne Johnson; Lois Johnson; Willie L. Johnson; Hannah N. Johnson; Donald L. Johnson; Doris Johnson, aka Doris Katherine Johnson; also the unknown heirs of any of the aforementioned Defendants who may be deceased, and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE NAMED DEFENDANTS.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is on file in the office of the court administrator of the above-named court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this summons located at: Watson & Speight, P.A., 411 West Third Street, Red Wing, MN 55066.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Goodhue County, Minnesota, legally described as follows:
The Northeast Quarter (NE1/4) of the Northwest Quarter (NW1/4); and the Northwest Quarter (NW1/4) of the Northeast Quarter (NE1/4) of Section 1, Township 112 North, Range 16 West, EXCEPT 5 acres on the east side of said Northwest Quarter of the Northeast Quarter of said Section 1, Goodhue County, Minnesota.
The object of this action is to determine that Plaintiffs are the fee owners of the above-described property and that the Defendants have no estate or interest therein or lien upon.
Dated this 22nd day of February, 2012.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes § 549.211, Subd. 1, the undersigned hereby acknowledges that sanctions may be imposed against the attorneys, law firms or parties responsible for violations of Minnesota Statutes § 549.211, Subd. 2.
WATSON & SPEIGHT, P.A.y: /s/Jennifer L. Lappegaard (#286795)
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
411 West Third Street
Red Wing, MN 55066