BUSINESS NOTEBOOK: Chamber will hold fourth TastebudsBusiness should be a matter of good taste and good times March 25.
By: Anne Jacobson, The Republican Eagle
Business should be a matter of good taste and good times March 25.
The Red Wing Area Chamber of Commerce's primary spring event, Tastebuds & Business, is in its fourth year and its first year under President Patty Brown's leadership. The event will again take place at the St. James Hotel and run from 5 to 7 p.m.
People will receive a list of food vendors and their specialities upon entering the Summit dining room. There will not be a program.
"We're making it a true networking event," Brown said.
She anticipates all new treats this year reflecting a mixture of soups, entrees and appetizers.
"Each restaurant decides what to bring," she said. "In fact, I don't know if there are any repeats from what they've previously served,"
Attendees will go around the room and sample food while talking with others.
The vendors include Bev's Café, Bierstube, Brickhouse Pub & Grille, Knudsen's Cheesecake, Liberty's Restaurant, Marie's Casual Dining, Meatheads Meats & Deli, Randy's, St. James Hotel, SubHouse, Treasure Island Resort & Casino and Wiederholt's Supper Club.
Tickets are available for $15 through Thursday. Contact the chamber at (651) 388-4719.
"Be sure to bring business cards," Brown said.
• Red Wing Downtown Main Street will move from Bush Street to the Cogel & Phelps Building next week. Staff anticipate being open for business in the new location March 29. The telephone number will remain (651) 385-7850.
• Red Wing Express Employment Professionals has named Marianne Kuhl commercial staffing specialist. She recruits, hires, selects and places workers with industrial and technical skills with local companies.
Kuhl has 20 years experience in human resources, including workplace safety and lean manufacturing.
• The Red Wing Depot will hold an open house 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday. The event includes all four tenants: Red Wing Visitors & Convention Bureau, Red Wing Arts Association, Red Wing River Rides and Red Wing Trolley Co.
• Red Wing elected officials and business leaders will meet for a monthly 3-D City Council session Thursday. The event is set for 7 a.m. at Liberty's Restaurant.
• The Harbor View Cafe and BNOX Gold & Iron, both located in downtown Pepin, have opened for the season.
• Mississippi National Golf Links opened Tuesday. Red Wing Golf Club is expected to open either March 24 or March 27, weather permitting and Mt. Frontenac also expects to open in the coming weeks.