Limited supply of H1N1 vaccine available in Red WingFairview Red Wing Medical Center has received a limited supply of H1N1 vaccine.
Fairview Red Wing Medical Center has received a limited supply of H1N1 vaccine. It is available for:
• Healthy children age 6 months to 9 years
• Children up to age 18 with underlying medical conditions including asthma
• Pregnant women
• Parents and caregivers of children under age 6 months.
Eligibility for the vaccine is based on guidelines established by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Special appointment times have been set aside for these patients to schedule a time to get their vaccine. H1N1 flu only appointments are available from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. by calling (651) 267-5500.
This is not a walk-in flu clinic; appointments must be scheduled in advance. Patients should use the Urgent Care entrance. Appointments will be available Monday through Friday beginning Monday; the flu clinic will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Appointments to receive H1N1 vaccine can also be scheduled during regular clinic hours.
“We want to make sure that vulnerable populations have access to H1N1 flu vaccine as soon as possible,” said Dr. Mark Steffen, director of employee health and wellness. “When we receive additional vaccine, we will follow Minnesota Department of Health guidelines to expand availability.”
Fairview Red Wing expects to receive more vaccine during the coming weeks. Check the Web site redwing.fairview.org for updates.
The information below details the type of vaccine available for each population group.
• Children 2 to 9 years with no underlying medical conditions
• Parents and caregivers of children under 6 months who are 49 years and younger with no underlying medical conditions
• Children age 6 months to 2 years
• Children age 6 months to 18 years who have underlying medical conditions
• Parents and caregivers of children under 6 months who are age 50 and older or under age 50 and who have underlying medical conditions
Seasonal flu injections and Flumist also are available for pediatric patients. Flumist is for healthy individuals age 2 to 49 with no underlying medical conditions and who meet state health department guidelines. Details are available on the Web site www.health.state.mn.us or at flu.gov.
Fairview clinics in Zumbrota and Ellsworth have some vaccine available. Call for specific information and to schedule an appointment: Fairview Ellsworth Clinic — (715) 273-5016; Fairview Zumbrota Clinic — (507) 732-7314.