City, county served by elected officialsRed Wing City Council consists of seven members representing four wards.
By: Ruth Nerhaugen, The Republican Eagle
Red Wing City Council consists of seven members representing four wards. Each citizen has the opportunity to elect three of those council members - the council member for a specific ward (Ward 1, 2, 3 or 4); a council member for the seat that represents two wards (Wards 1-2 or 3-4); and the at-large seat, which represents all citizens. All voters also cast ballots for mayor.
Red Wing is the county seat for Goodhue County. There are five districts in the county, with one commissioner representing each district. The city of Red Wing is split between Districts 1 and 5.
Elections are held in the fall. Both the city and the county use the same 12 polling places, which are designated according to ward and precinct; state and national elections also use these sites:
- W-1, P-1: Jefferson School
- W-1, P-2: Public service building
- W-1, P-3: Burnside School
- W-2, P-1: Red Wing Public Library
- W-2, P-2: Goodhue County History Center
- W-2, P-3: First Covenant Church
- W-3, P-1: Church of St. Joseph
- W-3, P-2: Southeast Technical
- W-3, P-3: Red Wing High School
- W-4, P-1: National Guard Armory
- W-4, P-2: Jordan Tower I
- W-4, P-3: Concordia Lutheran Church
For a list of countywide polling places, go online to www.co.goodhue.mn.us and click on the election link on the left side of the page.