IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE PRAIRIE ISLAND INDIAN COMMUNITY
IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE PRAIRIE ISLAND INDIAN COMMUNITY STATE OF MINNESOTA
Court file number- CIV-0519-09 In re the Estate of Tracy Dahlstrom
This matter came before the Court on May 15, 2009 the Honorable B,J. Jones presiding. The proposed Personal Representative Jererny Alien Garcia appeared by and through his legal counsel Richard McGee. Mr. Garcia filed a Petition seeking commencement of a probate proceeding and appointment of a Personal Representative.
Based upon the allegations in the Petition and the representations of counsel the Court hereby directs the following;
1. The Prairie Island Indian Community Tribal Court has jurisdiction over these proceedings pursuant to Chapter 10, Section 1 of the Judicial Code.
2. Any person possessing property of the Decedent shall preserve that property for the benefit of the Estate.
3. Any person or entity in possession of any last will and testament of the decedent shall file the original with this Court.
4. Jeremy Allen Garcia is appointed the Personal Representative of the Estate. As Personal Representative, Jeremy Alien Garcia has the power to inventory the Estate’s
real and personal property, determine whether Decedent executed a will, determine Decedent’s creditors, in the absence of a will determine Decedent’s heirs at law, publish this Order in a legal newspaper for the time proscribed by law, evaluate whether Decedent had any interest in property possessed by the Community and determine whether tax refunds are due and owing,
5. The Personal Representative shall disclose his findings to the Court along with a requested disposition of the Estate’s assets.
IT IS SO ORDERED on May 26, 2009.
Honorable B.J. Jones
I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE ORDER CONSTITUTES THE JUDGMENT AND DECREE OF THIS COURT.
Clerk of Tribal Clourt
(June 9, 16, 23)