Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Rep. Paul Anderson of Starbuck and Lori Thompson-Garry tell a Minnesota House committee Wednesday that homes should be tested for radon. Thompson-Garry's sister died of lung cancer blamed on radon.

Sister continues victim's radon fight

Email

ST. PAUL -- Janet Thompson was being treated for terminal lung cancer, but her thoughts were about others.

She lobbied people she saw to check their homes for radon, a colorless and odorless radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer.

Now, her sister has taken up the cause. Lori Thompson-Garry told a House committee Wednesday that she backs a bill that would require a radon test when a house goes on the market.

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Advertisement
Don Davis
Don Davis has been the Forum Communications Minnesota Capitol Bureau chief since 2001, covering state government and politics for two dozen newspapers in the state. Don also blogs at Capital Chatter on Areavoices.
Advertisement
Advertisement