Schmit plans mobile meetings
State Sen. Matt Schmit is planning mobile office hours throughout the fall. Schmit will hold "Mondays with Matt" the first Monday of each month and "Second Saturday with Sen. Schmit" the second Saturday of each month.
The meetings will focus on individual conversation rather than a town hall format.
Red Wing meetings are planned for the third Monday of the month — Sept. 16, Oct. 21, Nov. 18 and Dec. 16 — at Caribou Coffee, 726 Main St., from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
The Saturday meetings start Sept. 14, and stops will be repeated Oct. 12, Nov. 9 and Dec. 14. Local stops are:
• Dunphy's Diner, 100 E. Lyon Ave, Lake City, 8-9:30 a.m.
• Eagle's Nest Coffee House, 330 W. Second St., Wabasha, 10-11:30 a.m.
Monday meetings will begin Oct. 9 and stops will be repeated on Nov. 4 and Dec. 2. Those include:
• Nick's Diner, 31627 65th Ave., Cannon Falls, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
• Papa's, 620 Second St., Kenyon, 5-6 p.m.
• Better Brew Coffeehouse, 301 N. Main St., Pine Island, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• Covered Bridge restaurant, 1439 Northstar Dr., Zumbrota, 8-9 p.m.