Dedication for Salem Lutheran Cemetery Sept. 12
The "Friends of Salem Church" invite the community to attend the dedication of the Salem Lutheran Cemetery on Sunday, Sept. 12, beginning at 2 p.m. and officiated by Pastor John Sutherland.
The group has restored the cemetery and a new stone marking the cemetery is now in place.
The reception will be followed by a potluck supper, utensils and coffee will be furnished. Please bring own lawn chairs.
Attendees are encouraged to bring photos of loved ones buried there.
The church was organized in 1889 and officially closed in 1970 and in 1987 the church building was burned.
The cemetery itself is still in use today.
Salem Lutheran Cemetery is located between Maiden Rock and Ellsworth. Call May Ramberg for more information, 715-426-1142.