Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Cannon Falls High School has small fire

The spontaneous combustion of some acrylic rags in a garbage can caused a fire at Cannon Falls High School Thursday night, according to the Cannon Falls Fire Department.

Firefighters responded at 11:15 p.m. and quickly extinguished the fire, a spokesman said. They spent most of their time removing smoke and odor.

District staff were cleaning up the school Friday and weren't available for comment.

Anne Jacobson

Anne Jacobson has been editor of the Republican Eagle since December 2003. 

(651) 301-7870
Advertisement