Authorities respond to Ellsworth house fire
The Ellsworth Fire Department was called Monday afternoon to the Scotty Roberts residence, N4206 810th St., for a house fire.
According to Roberts, the gentleman he's buying the house from used water from a spigot for the horses. He used a torch, something he had done in the past, to thaw it out and the next thing he knew it had caught fire and started the house on fire. Roberts and his wife were arriving upon the scene when that happened. He said his wife got all the animals out of the house and they immediately called 911.
Ellsworth Fire arrived within minutes -- and at the right time for Roberts.
"If they hadn't gotten here when they did, the whole house would be up in flames," he said, adding that there was smoke in every room in the house.
The fire was contained with most of the damage being done to a front wall and the bathroom right behind it. No one was injured.